Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween, Pumpkin Soup and FIRST POST

Last week was my Horror's of Crohn's and Colitis party. Even though half the expected number of people showed up I raised twice as much as I thought I would. Donations to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America from the party reached over $500!



The house was covered in cobwebs and beer cans the day after. Seven people stayed the night and we went through over 50 bottles of beer, 7 bottles of wine and 4 big bottles of hard alcohol. There was also pumpkin scones, pie, and witch's finger cookies. Considering the booze we went through, more food wouldn't have been such a bad idea.

I am still $125 short of my goal for November 16th! Read more and donate at...

http://www.active.com/donate/MN11TCVEGAS/rubyraces

As for actual Halloween I ate about 13 pieces of candy and made this for the Flam-liy.



I made this pumpkin soup, but with olive oil instead of butter, a little less sugar and light sour cream instead of heavy cream.

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium yellow onions, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
Pinch ground cayenne pepper
2 (15 oz) cans pumpkin
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cups of skim milk
1/4 cup brown sugar

Servings: 4

Approximate cost: $3.50






Do go with it, I toasted a french baguette, cut it in half and filled it with just-cooked bacon, grammy smith apple slices and brie. Then it went in the oven for 5 minutes. So good.


No comments:

Post a Comment