Thursday, November 10, 2011

Diz's New Coat and Acorn Squash

(Diz! Looking very 80s)

It's getting colder here in Minneapolis. I think I saw snowflakes today, or was that a nightmare?

I got off work a little early so I came home and shoved my acorn squash in the oven while I figured out what to do with it.


I looked at a couple recipes then just decided to do whatever I wanted. The important part seems to be rubbing it with brown sugar. No complaints here.

1 acorn squash
1/2 an apple
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1/2 cup cranberries
2 tablespoon olive oil

I cut the squash into quarters and smeared the inside part with brown sugar,
Baked it at 400 for 30 minutes,
In the meantime I cooked diced apple, frozen cranberries and sliced almonds with some olive oil in a pan for 3 or 4 minutes,
Added some cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves,
Put the mix over the squash and cooked it another 35 minutes.
Servings: 4
Approximate cost of whole recipe: $1.50 (cranberries and squash were on sale)

I'm really going to try and enjoy winter this year. This year that means more cooking and more dogs in coats. What will make you enjoy winter?


2 comments:

  1. I will enjoy this winter if I get to play with dogs in coats.

    More posts, please! Maybe a recipe without a gourd in it?

    ReplyDelete